Operation Skyline public notice
Wednesday 7 March 2018
The NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) is investigating:
1. Whether any public official, being a director of the Board of the Awabakal Local Aboriginal Land Council (the Land Council), acted dishonestly and/or in breach of his or her duty as a Board member in relation to a scheme involving proposals in the period of 2014 - 2016 for the sale and development of properties (“the Sale and Development Scheme”) owned by the Land Council.
2. Whether any director of the Board of the Land Council acted dishonestly and/or in breach of his or her duty as a Board member in agreeing to, or purporting to retain or retaining Knightsbridge North Lawyers or anyone else to act for the Land Council in respect of the Sale and Development Scheme.
3. Whether any director of the Board of the Land Council:
a) acted dishonestly and/or in breach of his or her duty as a Board member by participating in or aiding or assisting any person in relation to the Sale and Development Scheme, including any dealings with:
• Sunshine Property Investment Group Pty Ltd
• Sunshine Warners Pty Ltd
• Solstice Property Corporation Pty Ltd
• Advantage Property Experts Syndications Pty Ltd and/or Advantage Property Syndications Ltd
b) received any financial or other benefits as a reward or payment for their involvement in or for assistance or services rendered in relation to the Sale and Development Scheme or any matter connected therewith.
4. Whether any person or persons:
a) encouraged or induced any director of the Board of the Land Council to dishonestly or partially exercise any of their official functions in respect of the Sale and Development Scheme and any other Land Council property, or
b) otherwise engaged in conduct connected with corrupt conduct within the meaning of the Independent Commission Against Corruption Act 1988.
The general scope and purpose of the public inquiry is to gather evidence relevant to the matters being investigated for the purpose of determining the matters referred to in s 13(2) of the Independent Commission Against Corruption Act 1988.
As part of its investigation, the ICAC will hold a public inquiry starting at 10:00 am on Monday 26 March 2018 at Level 7, 255 Elizabeth Street, Sydney.
Persons claiming to be substantially and directly interested in this matter may seek leave to be represented at the inquiry, and are invited to contact Mr Patrick Broad on (02) 8281-5999 to advise of their interest.
Members of the public with information relevant to the investigation are encouraged to provide it in writing at GPO Box 500, Sydney, NSW 2001, or by facsimile (02) 9264-5364. The ICAC will treat all information confidentially and has legislative powers to protect people who provide information to the Commission.
Solicitor to the Commission