Rural and regional outreach program
The next Rural and Regional Outreach Program visit will be held in the Hunter and Central Coast region from 15 June to 19 June 2020. Registration for workshops and events will open in March 2020.
The program commenced in 2001 to bring corruption prevention advice and resources on-site to non-metropolitan areas of NSW. The ICAC generally conducts two comprehensive Rural and Regional Outreach visits each year.
Each visit includes training workshops for public sector managers and supervisors, a community leaders' event and briefing sessions.
These visits aim to:
- raise understanding of corruption risks
- provide practical corruption prevention information
- give advice on how to report corrupt activities.
OUTREACH WORKSHOPS FOR PUBLIC OFFICIALS
ICAC officers run free workshops for public officials on:
- the ICAC's powers, functions and resources for the public sector
- identifying corruption risks
- corruption prevention in procurement
- putting corruption prevention strategies in place
- managing internal reporting systems
- fact finding and conducting internal investigations within a public sector agency/council.
Supervisors and middle-to-senior local and state government managers should attend the workshops. Although these workshops are free, spaces are limited so it is always good to book early. If attendance is not possible on the day, please arrange for another staff member to attend.
Enquiries and contact details
Email us for more information on the ICAC's Rural and Regional Outreach Program.