Free workshops calendar - temporarily suspended
Please note that this program is temporarily suspended. Dates for 2024 are currently being scheduled and registration will reopen in early December 2023.
If you would like to book an in-house workshop, please contact email@example.com.
Information about the program
The Commission runs a series of online corruption prevention workshops for individual NSW public officials. If you are a NSW public official, you can register your interest in attending.
- You will need to complete the online registration form.
- Each workshop has a specific target audience and eligibility criteria.
- During the registration process you will be asked questions to determine if you are eligible to attend.
- Please do not register for a workshop if you are not in the target group or if you are ineligible.
- Once you have submitted your registration it will be assessed and you will be notified if and when a place becomes available for you.
- There is no guarantee that you will be given a place in a workshop.
Eligibility and allocation of places
- Places are strictly limited.
- Registration does not guarantee a place in a workshop.
- Workshops are generally only open to NSW public officials.
- Each workshop has a specific target audience and applications from people outside the relevant target group will not normally be accepted.
- Places are normally allocated on a first-come-first-served basis with a maximum of two participants accepted from an individual agency per workshop, however, preference may be given to:
- officers from an organisation within the ICAC's jurisdiction
- officers from agencies that have been recently investigated
- officers with high-risk functions
- applicants who applied for an earlier workshop but could not be given a place
- people who have not attended an ICAC corruption prevention workshop in the past two years.
Book a workshop
Individual public officials
To register for a workshop as an individual, complete the registration form for each workshop you would like to attend by clicking on the relevant “Register now” links in the Registration status column in the table above.
To book an in-house workshop for staff at your agency, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions about open workshops
Why do I have to register separately for each workshop I want to attend?
Because each workshop targets a specific audience and is run on separate dates. During the registration process for each workshop, the suitability of the workshop to your role will be assessed and your availability to attend on certain dates identified.
I am not a NSW public official. Can I attend a workshop?
Generally not, but depending on your circumstances an exception may be granted. Exceptions may be granted to applicants from ICAC’s sister organisations from other Australian states and territories and occasionally to applicants from sister agencies overseas.
What happens if I apply but don’t get in to the workshop I want?
If you are eligible, we may place you in a later workshop or advise you as soon as the next round of workshops is open for registration. You may be required to register again.
What happens after I register for a workshop?
In due course, your application will be assessed against other applicants and our eligibility and selection criteria. Places will be allocated, and you will be notified if you have been successful or not. Commission staff may contact you to discuss your application before making a decision. If you are not eligible, you will be notified accordingly.
What if I can’t make it on the day?
We understand that plans change and that you may not be able to attend. Because our workshops are popular and places are limited, we often have a waiting list of people who would like to attend. Please notify us as soon as possible if you cannot attend so that we can try to fill your place. You may also wish to nominate a colleague to attend in your place.
If you fail to tell us that you cannot attend, your place will be wasted and someone else will also miss out. Failure to attend without good reason may result in us refusing to offer you a place in a future workshop.
Will I miss anything if I leave early?
Yes, you will. Our workshops cover a lot of issues and usually end very close to the advertised time. You may miss something important if you leave early. Please do not apply if you know you will not be able to stay for the whole day so we can give the place to someone who can.
Will I get a certificate or statement of attendance?
No, the ICAC is not a registered training organisation (RTO) and does not provide certificates or statements of attainment or attendance. Should your employer require proof of your attendance, please send us their contact details and we will confirm with them directly by email.
Why aren’t these workshops offered in-person?
In-person workshops are more time-consuming and expensive to organise. It also makes them less accessible to people in rural and regional areas. By delivering these workshops online, we can offer a larger variety of workshops, offer them more frequently and make them more accessible to regional attendees.
Do I have to install the Zoom client to attend a workshop?
Zoom works best if you install the Zoom client, but it is not necessary. Zoom can be accessed through a web browser. If your agency has blocked Zoom on your network, you may need to attend via a personal PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone. If you normally access the Internet via a work VPN, you may find that have a better experience if you disable your VPN and access the Internet directly.