Getting the most out of your corruption prevention training program - Sydney
||09 Apr 2020 9:00 AM
||09 Apr 2020 12:30 PM
Registrations for this event are now CLOSED.
3.5 hours including a 15–minute break
This new workshop draws on the ICAC’s experience over many years in providing corruption prevention training across the NSW public sector. In this interactive session we will also learn from published better practice, and the experience of session participants, to determine how an agency might approach in-house corruption prevention training and achieve maximum benefit.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the development and/or delivery of corruption prevention education such as governance, human resources and learning development practitioners.
As a session participant, you will consider what topics in-house corruption prevention training might include, how to determine your key audiences and influences. You will also think about what strategies you might use to engage workshop participants, challenge their views and question the impact of their workplace behaviours. Further, the session will address how formal training can sit within a broader awareness raising program.
The session will focus on some key questions such as:
Participants should come to this session with a willingness to discuss the issues and share their experiences with others in the room.
- What are you trying to achieve with your training?
- What are the shortcomings of compliance-driven approaches?
- Who should I be targeting?
- How can I use corruption prevention training to support wider organisational change and lessen corruption risk at a time of change and confusion?
- Can I use corruption prevention training to help make systems more resistant to corruption?
- What approach should I take?
- Do I focus on rules-setting, ethics, risk management, personal responsibility, system improvement, behavioural change, creating workplace norms or a combination?
- What strategy is more likely to create the change my agency wants to see?
This workshop is only offered as part of our open workshops calendar it is currently not available in-house.