Operation Tilga public notice
Wednesday 13 June 2012
The Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) is conducting an investigation into an allegation that directors and employees of Kings Security Group Pty Ltd prior to and whilst engaged to provide security services to the Art Gallery of NSW (AGNSW), the former North Sydney Central Coast Area Health Service, the University of Western Sydney (UWS), Woollahra Municipal Council, Sydney Ports Corporation, Taronga Zoo and the former Department of Housing:
- provided benefits to public officials in return for those public officials exercising their public official functions in favour of Kings Security Group Pty Ltd
- were involved in collusive tendering for NSW public authority contracts
- provided false or misleading information to public authorities to win public authority contracts.
The Commission is also investigating whether Daniel Paul, the managing and sole director of Hootspah Pty Ltd, trading as Security Consultants International, while engaged as a security consultant by the AGNSW, UWS, Woollahra Municipal Council. Sydney Ports Corporation and Taronga Zoo:
- received corrupt benefits from officers of Kings Security Group Pty Ltd and others in return for exercising his public official functions in favour of Kings Security Group Pty Ltd
- misused information acquired in the course of his official functions.
As part of its investigation, the ICAC will hold a public inquiry starting at 10:00 am on Monday 18 June 2012, at Level 21, 133 Castlereagh St., Sydney.
Persons claiming to be substantially and directly interested in this matter may seek leave to be represented at the inquiry, and are invited to contact Kanagasabai Vasan on (02) 8281-5999 to advise of their interest.
Members of the public with information relevant to the investigation are encouraged to provide it in writing at GPO Box 500, Sydney, NSW 2001, or by facsimile (02) 9264-5364. The ICAC will treat all information confidentially and has legislative powers to protect people who provide information to the Commission.
Solicitor to the Commission