Strategic approaches to corruption prevention
A workshop specifically designed for senior executive service (SES) andsenior managers who have operational responsibility for work areas withsignificant risk for corruption and the ability to make or influencesignificant change.
Who should attend?
- Cluster Secretaries
- CEOs and general managers
- SES and senior managers
- Local government general managers and executive and senior management teams
This workshop is normally conducted over a full day, but can be lengthened or shortened to satisfy the needs and availability of participants.
7.5 hours including a 15–minute morning and afternoon tea and a 30–minute lunch break
The workshop uncovers some of the reasons why corrupt conduct continues to occur despite considerable efforts to prevent it. The workshop will assist executives and senior managers to make fuller use of the control inherent in well-designed and managed operational arrangements. This engaging workshop is underpinned by sound theoretical frameworks and includes case studies and practical activities.
The topics normally included in a full day workshop are:
- the key elements of the control environment
- the control inherent in tight operational arrangements
- the role of incentives in motivating and preventing corruption
- the effects of equity, entitlement and group culture on corruption
- the impacts of organisational structures and boundaries on opportunities for corruption
- process design, measurement and management
- information integrity, decision location and accountability.
Please note that our face-to-face open workshops program is temporarily suspended as a precautionary measure due to the COVID-19 coronavirus. This course is available online (see below).
This workshops can also be delivered online. The ICAC uses the Zoom platform to deliver interactive online workshops. If you already have a platform that your staff are used to and which works well for you, we are happy to consider using that platform instead of Zoom.
To request an online workshop email firstname.lastname@example.org
Given that each organisation has a different focus and issues, this workshop will be customised to meet the needs of agencies where possible.
Please note that our face-to-face open workshops program is temporarily suspended as a precautionary measure due to the COVID-19 coronavirus. This course is available in-house online (see above).
Registration for free online courses for individual public officials is now open. To register, please visit the Free online workshops page.