Notice of public inquiries
The¬†ICAC advertises upcoming public inquiries via:
- the metropolitan press, and where relevant, regional newspapers
- media alerts
- the Investigations section of this¬†website
Unless advertised otherwise, all public inquiries are held at:
The Independent Commission Against Corruption
Level 21, Piccadilly Centre, 133 Castlereagh St
Sydney, NSW 2000.
The ICAC media room is equipped with:
- live closed-circuit TV feeds of the public inquiry
- telephones for media use
- a record of all exhibits, transcripts and suppression orders relevant to the public inquiry underway.
Recording and filming
Media are only allowed to film, record and photograph:
- the opening address by Counsel Assisting on day¬†one of a public inquiry ‚Äď generally one TV crew only, with the footage to be made available to other crews present
- exhibits in the media room, with the permission of the Manager Communications and Media;
- stand-ups in reception, the media room and hearing room, with the permission of the Manager Communications and Media and without public inquiry participants or the public in attendance.
Proceedings are shown on closed circuit television in the media room. This material must not be used in any broadcast.
Media representatives must:
- abide by all suppression orders. While the ICAC advises the media whether suppression orders are in force, journalists are responsible for ensuring they are up-to-date with suppression orders
- take only authorised film, recordings and photographs as described above; to do otherwise will risk exclusion
- cause minimal disruption when filming, recording or photographing the opening address
- turn off mobile phones in the hearing room¬†as the signal can interfere with¬†the electronic equipment.
The ICAC does not¬†arrange interviews with witnesses, counsel and the public or allow such interviews on ICAC premises.
The ICAC distributes copies of the opening address to all media present at the end of the opening session.
Transcripts of each day's evidence are available the following day in the media room and are also posted on the ICAC website.